For Immediate Release
Illinois Supreme Court Appoints Leah Setzen as Circuit Judge in DuPage County
"It is an honor and a privilege to have been appointed by Justice O'Brien and the Illinois Supreme Court to join the other esteemed members of the judiciary of the 18th Judicial Circuit”
Ms Leah Setzen, after her appointment as a Circuit Judge in the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit, DuPage County effective Apr 10, 2023
Sefton Kelly Family Law is pleased to inform the recent appointment of Ms. Leah Setzen as a Circuit Judge in the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit, DuPage County effective April 10, 2023 (will conclude December 2, 2024, following the November 2024 general election).
Making the announcement Justice Mary K. O’Brien and the Illinois Supreme Court said, "As a lifelong DuPage County resident, Leah has been involved in the business community as well as many local school and social organizations. When she takes the bench as a circuit judge, those life experiences will help frame her decision-making. She will serve her community well as a circuit court judge."
A graduate of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for both her bachelor’s degree and her law degree, Ms. Leah obtained her undergraduate degree summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa in 1997 and her law degree cum laude in 2000.
Ms. Setzen, a lifetime Naperville resident, has worked at SeftonKelly Family Law (formerly Grunyk Family Law) for the last 17 years and has been a Partner for the last 11 years.
Learn more about the appointment by visiting here
Learn more about Ms. Leah Setzen by visiting here
- Illinois Supreme Court Appoints Leah Setzen as Circuit Judge in DuPage County
- Sefton Kelly Family Law Attorneys Honored for 9 th Year in a Row as Super Lawyers
- Making it Official: How Family Law Can Benefit Millennials
- DuPage Association of Women Lawyers Celebrates Installment of 36th President Victoria C. Kelly of Sefton Kelly Family Law
- Parenting Time Violations
- Help! I Need My Co-Parent to Help Shoulder the Responsibilities.
- Kids and Covid 19: 2020 Holiday Travel
- Understanding Your Parenting Rights
- An Update on Illinois Courts from Managing Partner Danya A. Grunyk
- The Art of Moving Forward in the Midst of Social Distancing
- What can the Paycheck Protection Program under the CARES Act do for me?
- Domestic Abuse : Seeking Help During The COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 Stimulus Checks: Will my check be seized for child support?
- A Special Message from Sefton Kelly Family Law
- Selected as Illinois 10 Best Family Law Firms!
- The Complexity of your Tax Return
- Filing for Spousal or Survivor Benefits After a Divorce
- How do You Get Social Security Benefits After a Divorce?
- Danya Grunyk to speak at the 40th Annual NIEAPA Conference